1. Rest Prevents Injury – It’s common sense that resting is beneficial for injury reduction, but why? Well for starters, rest days prevent overuse. If you push it too hard without a break, your muscles and joints suffer from overuse and that’s where injuries can happen.
2. Your Muscles Need Rest – When you lift weights, you’re essentially tearing muscle fibers. But without a proper period of rest for your immune system to repair and grow the muscle, you’re not going to get the benefit of your training. That’s why you need to vary the muscle groups you engage on staggered days.
3. Your Performance Won’t Dip – In general, it takes your body almost two weeks of non-activity before you start losing a noticeable amount of your progress or performance level.
4. Over-training Affects Sleep – Is your sleep data all over the place? Over-training could be the culprit. Too much exercise can put your body in a constant state of restlessness or on high alert making a good night’s sleep tough to achieve.
5. Your Immune System Can Overheat – During periods of heavy activity, our immune systems are constantly activating to repair muscles and joints. Without proper rest, your immune system can’t catch up to all the repairs your body needs.
6. Mental Edge – From a psychological standpoint, taking a rest period can rekindle your hunger for exercise and help prevent burnout. Mental fatigue can be every bit as detrimental as physical fatigue and taking a rest day helps to recharge the psyche.
So now that you know these things, kick back and take a load off. Enjoy your day and continue to remain strong for this challenge! 💪😬
THE DOCTORS’ ORDERS: 21 DAY FRESH START CHALLENGE SPECIFIC MEAL PLAN AND RECIPES CAN BE FOUND AT wwww.fitcurvyfierce.wordpress.com under “Fitness” and then “Challenges”. (Link in bio)
DAY 5 WORKOUT/VIDEOS POSTED LATER TONIGHT!!! STAY TUNED!!! TAG A FRIEND!!!
While this information was prepared to provide accurate information regarding topics related to general and specific health issues, the information contained here is made available with the express understanding that neither @miss_vforce or @slimrunner13 are dispensing medical advice and do not intend any of this information to be used for self diagnosis or treatment. IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS ABOUT YOUR HEALTH AND BEFORE STARTING OR STOPPING ANY TREATMENT OR ACTING UPON INFORMATION CONTAINED HERE, YOU SHOULD CONTACT YOUR OWN PHYSICIAN OR HEALTH CARE PROVIDER.